background

Monday, September 2, 2013

Imprisoned by a Vow by Annie West

This morning I finished Imprisoned by a Vow by Annie West. I was super excited that I won a copy of Annie's newest release for a couple reasons. First, the cover. I love the outfit the heroine is wearing. Second, the book blurb. I love the fact that the heroine decides to get married to escape her evil step-father and has no clue what's going to happen next. Seriously, sounds awesome.

I know I haven't read to many stories where the heroine marries a guy to escape her current situation. Granted there are a lot of stories out there, but I just haven't picked one up in a while. Anyway, we meet Leila whose basically held captive in her step-father's home unable escape. Her only way of escaping is waiting till she's 25 or getting married. Fortunately, Gamil has arrange for her to marry Joss Carmody. Joss is an Australian billionaire who is basically looking for a woman who's not going to be clingy and would make a perfect hostess when he needs one.

I absolutely loved Imprisoned by a Vow and I thought the story line was well executed. You have Leila who has been imprisoned for sometime and once she gets a taste of freedom she doesn't know what to do. She's shell-shocked and scared half to death on what will happen next. Then you have her husband, Joss, who doesn't quite understand and is worry that she might be manipulating the situation to her advantage. Yet, she has no clue how to do that. Once her past is out in the open, Joss starts to help her, but at the same time trying to keep his distance.

At the beginning of the story, Leila really has no clue who she is and slowly builds confidence. Joss is an arrogant man and when things don't go his way he really pulls away. I love how Leila decides she's not going to take what Joss is giving her and in makes a point to him.

Overall, I thought it was a great story. I love how Leila basically teaches Joss the importance of love in the end. So, if you are looking for a quick read, you might enjoy Imprisoned by a Vow.

Copy provided by the author

Rating:
1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment