background

Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Awakening: Liam by Abby Niles

Today I was able to read The Awakening: Liam by Abby Niles. We all know I'm not very good at figuring out I'm in a middle of a series till it's too late. Hey that's how I roll (snickers to self). Fortunately, I wasn't too lost with this story.

So, The Awakening: Liam is about Liam Doyle who has marked his mate, but she has rejected him. WOW, tough break for him. Now he's doom to live in hell without the love of his life. Ava Michaels actually loves Liam, but had to sacrifice the relationship to save her sister. Sucks for her too. Since Liam is tied to Ava, he can feel most of her emotions. So, when she's in danger he can feel it and has the need to save her.

All right, so Ava and Liam ended getting capture by this madman and we don't find out the reason why until the end. However, he tortures the two through most of the book. Plus, Liam and Ava have a lot of issues that they just don't want to solve. Surprise, surprise communication would have saved a lot of problems in their relationship, but if they had communicated with one another the complication that made story wouldn't have been there. Therefore, there would not be story, so the lack of communication was kind of important to the story. At the same time drove me nuts.

I really felt bad for Liam, because he just seem like he was thrown into the pity of despair. Ava drove me nuts, because she just wasn't willing to talk to Liam and kept pushing him away. Overall, not a bad story, but I don't think it was for me. I like towards the end when they found out the madman twist plot to extract revenge on something Liam didn't have a clue what was going on. Basically, if you like stories with shifters finding their mates and finding a way to keep their mate, you might enjoy The Awakening: Liam.

Copy provided by the publisher

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment