background

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Dear Adam by Ava Zavora

I really don't know how to describe Dear Adam by Ava Zavora. I mean it's one of those books you go "Whoa". To tell you the truth, I don't believe I have ever come across something like this before. So here is the actual book blurb:


“You’re the more real to me than any man I’ve ever known … ”

To book blogger Eden, Adam is the embodiment of every literary fantasy she’s ever had. Intelligent, wickedly funny, sexy, and attentive – he and his fascinating life seem right out of a novel. Their whirlwind relationship is so intense and all consuming that soon she can’t imagine being with anyone else.

But there’s one little thing that’s keeping Adam and Eden from their happily ever after.

They’ve never met. She doesn’t even know what he looks like.

Despite how hard she’s fallen for him and how he makes her feel, Eden’s doubts begin to threaten their passionate love affair. Why is he so mysterious? Why does he seem reluctant to meet her? What is Adam hiding?

Afraid that she’s being made a fool of, Eden is forced to choose between her heart and her head. Is Adam too good to be true, as her common sense is telling her, or is the truth more startling than fiction?

I couldn't really put that into my own words. So, here goes my thoughts:

I don't know how many of you would take a chance on a guy you have never met, but only communicated with through the internet? It is amazing what technology has done for love lives. First off, I thought Dear Adam was incredible. Especially with all the corresponding via twitter, email, instant messaging, and eventually with Skype. Honestly, I didn't know you could Skype without seeing the person. Anyway, I'm digressing. So, Eden and Adam develop this relations solely on internet interaction. However, Adam keeps so very deep dark secrets that jeopardize more than just the relationship. 

So, throughout the story, I'm trying to figure out the secret. By the end of the story, I was truly surprise and ended up having mix feelings about the epilogue. However, I did like how the author gave a bit of a warning which kind of prepared me, but not really. 

Overall, Dear Adam was mind-blowing story about two people who happen to meet over the internet and gain a real connection. Beautifully written that has you waiting to see what the next conversation will bring you. So, if you are looking for something different and not afraid to take a chance, you might want to give Dear Adam a try. 

Copy provided by author

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment