background

Sunday, September 29, 2013

That's Right I read Zombie Novella's

You are reading the post title correct, I did read not one, but two zombie romance novellas. I know what you are all thinking: NO WAY, she doesn't like zombies. Which you would be correct on that assumption. However, I kind of wanted to read them. I must have a fever or something. Anyway, I bring you two different zombie romance. So, here are the titles that I did read: One Thousand and One Nights by Ruth Browne and Wish Upon a Star by Michelle McLean. So, let's get started on my thoughts of these zombie novellas.

All right. I'm not sure how I really feel about One Thousand and One Nights. I liked the story, but just didn't love it. I kind understand why Alesky doesn't fully trust Sheri, after all she was bitten by a zombie. The fear of her turning against the compound is high. Yet, she doesn't and is forced to live as a prisoner. Yes, I know that it's a zombie romance, but it's a romance and it should have a happier ending. However, the ending did leave me kind of like "huh". The story is written well and book blurb did intrigue me. In the long run kind of left me hanging at the end. 

Rating:

Now Wish Upon a Star I did really like. I don't normally go for reunited lovers, but hey this story worked for me. Ceri McKinley always dreamed her ex-fiancĂ©, Jason Crickett, would always return. Even though he broke her heart by dumping her right before their wedding. Jason needs a favor and Ceri is the only one to really help him. So, they go talk to Ceri crazy ex-husband to see if he would give Jason and his father his brother so they can give him a proper burial. Little did they know that they would be walking into the unexpected. 

I'm not kidding, Ceri's ex-husband is crazy. I'm surprise they are able to come out alive out of the zombie invasion. Yes, this zombie romance did have a happier ending and I am a sap for happy endings. 

Rating:

Here you go, two different zombie romance. So, if you are looking for zombie reads for Halloween, you can take a look at these two. 

Copy provided by the publisher

No comments:

Post a Comment