background

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Out of Line by Jen McLaughlin

WOW! What a story! Seriously, I couldn't put down Out of Line by Jen McLaughlin (aka Diana Alberts). What an amazing new adult story. I was captivated by the first page. I probably would have spent most of last night reading Out of Line, but sleep beckon. Once I awoke, Carrie and Finn were calling my name and I had to know what happen to them. I got half way through the story, I had to stop. Not because I wanted to, but I had obligations (sad face). Once I arrived home I couldn't put down the story and had to finish.

Well, y'all know that story is about a guy name Finn and gal name Carrie. Finn is the bodyguard to Carrie, but she doesn't know he's there to watch over her. Carrie believes he's just one hot guy who just happen to pop into her life. Well, Carrie has some over protective parents, and that is quite understandable since her father is a state senator. So, Carrie believes her father isn't meddling in her life. Sounds like this will get a bit complicated, especially when Finn starts falling for his assignment.

OH MY GOODNESS, I LOVE FINN. Seriously, he is like the best of both worlds. He's a tough guy and you wouldn't want to mess with him. Then he can be a sweet decent guy. To top it all off, he's smoking hot. Who doesn't love a guy with piercing blue eyes and dark hair with curls? With curls I tell you, yes, you may sigh. What more can you ask for? NOTHING, I TELL YOU, NOTHING! The more you get know Finn, you fall for the guy. I know I did.

Carrie is pretty awesome too. When Finn first meets Carrie, he has this impression of her being some snobby rich girl (by the way she's not). However, the misconception he built about her starts to tumble down as he gets to know her. I love Carrie, because I love that money can't buy you everything. Money cannot overcome gawky awkward teenage years no matter what. So, Carrie still kind of sees herself like that and when Finn's lie comes out in the open it tears her apart. A lot has to do with growing up as a senator's daughter not knowing who's the real friend or not.

I just loved Out of Line. If you are looking for a new adult book to devour, you might want to grab a copy of Out of Line. Finn and Carrie are really worth the time, and I can't wait for more.

Copy provided by Inkslinger

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment