background

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

eARC: How to Entice an Enchantress by Karen Hawkins

Well, I just finished Karen Hawkins latest release How to Entice an Enchantress. By the way, I loved. I might love this book more than the Rose's story. I'm going to stress, you might want to read How to Pursue a Princess before starting How to Entice an Enchantress, because there's some paramount information. You could probably get by, but I think it would enrich your experience.

Well, we are now focusing on the last Balfour girl, Dahlia. Now Dahlia believes in fairytales and happy endings, and she will not settle for anything less than true love. So, when she shoots down her neighbor, Alasdair Dunbar, Viscount Kirk, marriage proposal, Kirk decides to go the Duchess of Roxburghe. After all she kind of created his mess, but not all the blame can be place on her. Kirk has this inept ability to woo a young woman. The simplest way to describe his words of love would be in a practical sense. Which isn't going to win Dahlia's heart, after all she's looking for true love.

First off, poor guy. Seriously, it would be easier for him to dig himself a grave and cover himself before he can express himself to Dahlia. The girl doesn't make it easy either. Yes, Dahlia has high expectations when it comes to love. When Kirk doesn't express them the way she wants it, she's willing to forfeit true love. You got love Kirk on trying approach Dahlia by being logical. What a mess these two make? However, they sure make it entertaining as you watch them fumble along.

I really love How to Entice an Enchantress, because the couple. Yes, the story does remind me of Beauty and the Beast, since Kirk is scarred and gruff and Dahlia is caring and beautiful. I love how she sees pass what Kirk puts up front. I love how Dahlia learns that love is more than pretty words, even though they are nice to have here and there. Overall, I think the story is my favorite of the Balfour girls. So, if you tend to love Beauty and the Beast stories, I think you might enjoy How to Entice an Enchantress.

Copy provided by the publisher

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment