Jen McLaughlin is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She writes steamy New Adult books for the young and young at heart. Her first release, Out of Line, came out September 2013. She also writes bestselling Contemporary Romance under the pen name Diane Alberts.Since receiving her first contract offer under the pen name Diane Alberts, she has yet to stop writing. She is represented by Louise Fury at The Bent Agency.
Though she lives in the mountains, she really wishes she was surrounded by a hot, sunny beach with crystal clear water. She lives in Northeast Pennsylvania with her four kids, a husband, a schnauzer mutt, a cat, and a Senegal parrot. In the rare moments when she’s not writing, she can usually be found hunched over one knitting project or another. Her goal is to write so many well-crafted romance books that even a non-romance reader will know her name.
Top 10 Females
As I visit blogs, talking about my new release, Out Of Line, I like to think of other characters that have struck a chord within me. Floating around the internet is a post that has my favorite TV males on it. I’d be remiss if I didn’t do one for my favorite females, too, right?
Some of these women’s traits pop into my characters, whether it be physical or they way they act when they see a spider, but here are my top 10 favorite female characters to watch. (Character names listed)
|Kenzie (Daniela Ruah) NCIS: LA|
2. Beckett on Castle. I love, again her strength in the police force, blended with her soft heart.
|Max (Kat Dennings) Two Broke Girls|
3. Max on Two Broke Girls, just because I love her dry sense of humor.
4. Jess on The New Girl. I love her quirkiness and her I-Don’t-Care attitude.
|Caroline (Candice Accolla) Vampire Diaries|
5. Caroline on Vampire Diaries. She’s such a fun character to watch evolve. Started out kind of a mean girl, then turned into
what she is today.
6. Snow on Once Upon a Time. I love watching her every week.
7. Gloria on Modern Family. Man, she’s hilarious with her mentions of how things were back home.
8. Mary on Downton Abbey. I can’t wait to see which side of Mary we’ll see this season.
9. Joan Watson on Elementary. I love seeing that role revamped as a woman.
10. And last, but not least, Robin on How I Met Your Mother. She’s such a non-girly girl, yet a girl at the same time.
So, there you have it, my favorite women to watch. What are some of yours? Do they match up with mine?
Desperate to break free…
I've spent my entire life under my father’s thumb, but now I'm finally free to make my own choices. When my roommate dragged me to my first college party, I met Finn Coram and my life turned inside out. He knows how to break the rules and is everything I never knew I wanted. A Marine by day and surfer by night, he pushes me away even as our attraction brings us closer. Now I am finally free to do whatever I want. I know what I want. I choose Finn.
Trying to play by the rules...
I always follow orders. My job, my life, depends on it. I thought this job would be easy, all the rules were made crystal clear, but when I met Carrie Wallington, everything got muddy. She's a rule I know I shouldn't break, but damn if I don’t inch closer to the breaking point each time I see her. I’m ready to step out of line. And even worse? I’m living a lie. They say the truth will set you free, but in my case…
The truth will cost me everything.
Official Blog Tour Information can be found at :
Even though the book was just released, it is already zooming up the charts on Amazon and B&N. To celebrate this, Jen is offering a one-of-a-kind prize for a lucky reader! Anyone who helps spread the word about OUT OF LINE (through tweets, facebook messages, leaving a review, etc.) gets entered to win 30 pages of the manuscript, which include editing marks and special never-before-seen notes from Jen! You will have all the deets on what Jen changed, deleted scenes, and special extras.