background

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Interview with Jess Michaels



Howdy everyone I have a special guest with me today. I would like y'all to welcome Jess Michaels to What I'm Reading today.


Hi Jess welcome to my blog. How are you today?
Thanks so much for having me! I’m so glad to be here!

What start your passion for writing?
I’ve always been interested in writing. As a girl, I wrote stories and won a contest, so that made me even more interested in writing. But I’d say my real passion and when I started truly pursuing writing as a career was after I finished my degree in college. I’ve been writing full-time ever since.

I have been wondering what made you decide to write erotic romance instead of any other romance?
I’ve always liked very sexy romances, so it really wasn’t that much of a stretch to write very sexy romances. It’s something I’ve been comfortable with, so it isn’t much of a shift.

For those who haven’t read any the Mistress Matchmaker books, what could tell them about the books?
The Mistress Matchmaker series is about a woman, Vivien Manning who is a successful mistress. Over the years, she has begun to match other women with ‘protectors’ in the Regency era. The series is about two of her matches, with the third book being about Vivien meeting HER PERFECT MATCH. :) They are sexy, dark, emotional stories that I hope readers enjoy!

Since The Perfect Match is the last book in the Mistress Matchmaker, are you sad to see them come to an end?
I am always sorry to see a series come to an end, though I’ve been waiting for so long to see Vivien’s story out in the world, so I think I’m more excited about it at this point. I have loved her character so much.

What do you have in store next?
I’ll have a new series starting in July, The Pleasure Wars. These stories involve a set of families involved in a long-standing feud that comes to a head when the leader of one family kidnaps the sister of the other.  The first book is TAKEN BY THE DUKE. I’m SO excited for these stories!

One last question, if you had to write your autobiography, what would the title be and why?
Head Above Water. I’d call it that because it seems like that’s always what I’m trying to do, keep my head above water. I’m hoping the next few months are a little slower.

Thank you Jess for stopping by today.


For more information about Jess and her new book:


Her Perfect Match blurb:

She will do anything for him…except surrender.
 Vivien Manning, the notorious Mistress Matchmaker, is tired. Tired of the parties, tired of the lovers, tired of being her. Yet she can’t simply leave London. Not until she learns the fate of the young courtesan she matched with Lord Fincambe, whose drunken, violent tendencies are now aimed at Vivien herself. 
As Fincambe’s threats intensify, Vivien is forced to turn to the one loose end she has never been able to tie up. Former lover, Benedict Greystone—the only man she couldn’t control with a smile or twitch of her hips. 
 When Benedict learns Vivien’s predicament, all the hollow reasons she gave for breaking it off melt away. He will not see her harmed, but his help comes with a price. She will come to his bed, where he plans to show her all the reasons they belong together.

 Their rekindled passion is a firestorm of heat and need—but it may not be powerful enough to overcome Lord Fincambe’s determination to have Vivien for his own. Even if someone must die.
A little about Jess:
 Jess Michaels began writing full-time in 1999 after being encouraged by her husband to follow her dream. In 2003, she sold her first novella to Red Sage Press, an erotic historical romance about an Egyptian tomb and a very sexy curse. Since then she has published (or has contracted to publish by the end of 2013) 37 novels and novellas under three different pen names with several major publishers, small presses and via self-publishing. Her erotic historical romances have been national bestsellers and won awards from booksellers and readers.

Connect with Jess:

Website | Facebook | Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment