background

Saturday, March 30, 2013

eARC: Hero of My Heart by Megan Frampton

All right, last night I was able to finished Hero of My Heart by Megan Frampton. I must say I enjoyed this quick read. I shall share what this story entailed and my thoughts.

Poor Mary Smith has been down on her luck. I mean her rotten half-brother decides to sell her virginity to the highest bidder to pay off his debt. The one person who saves her is Alasdair Thornham, Marquess of Datchworth, who is... well just say he isn't really hero material.

As you read the story, you understand why he isn't hero material. However, he sees a greater need to rescue a damsel in distress. Which isn't really in his nature, because he's a selfish bastard. Yet, somehow Mary starts to bring out his good side, which he thought was buried and long gone.

Honestly, I enjoyed this story. I mean the hero was able to overcome his addiction and able look beyond his selfish needs. I really like Mary. Heres why: Sometimes when you have a heroine with a religious background they tend to be bit tedious. However, she wasn't like that and a lot might have to do with the information she received on her fathers deathbed. Information like that starts to question things and what's the purpose of life.

Plus, I really appreciate how the author you use the proverb of "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." I felt that story really showed that, because both hero and heroine were dealing with there on hell. I enjoyed how the author had both characters help each other to get out of there own hell.

Bottom line: I enjoyed this quick read and it had me tearing up at certain parts of the story. Overall, I thought it was done well. So, if you are looking for a quick read with a seriously flawed hero and a heroine in need of rescuing, I would suggest Hero of My Heart.

Copy provided by Random House via NetGalley

Rating:


Purchase Links:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment