background

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Barefoot in the Rain by Roxanne St. Claire

Yesterday, I finished Barefoot in the Rain by Roxanne St. Claire. This is the second book in Barefoot Bay series. I do have the first book, but I haven't gotten a chance. There is a reason for reading book two before the first book, and the reason is Harlequin Junkie is having a book chat about this book this evening. Everyone is welcome come and join the chat if y'all like just click link. So, here is what the book is about and my thoughts.

Fifteen years ago, Jocelyn Bloom left Barefoot Bay and never looked back. However, scandal has rocked Jocelyn's world and she needs to go into hiding. The only place the media wouldn't really find her is back at Barefoot Bay.

Will Palmer could never forget the girl of his dreams, especially since he's been taking care of her father. When Jocelyn learns he's been taken care of her father, she has a hard time coping with idea. Can they have a second chance of kindling their relationship?

I know that is extremely vague description of what the story is about. However, the story is an extremely emotional read. A very heavy read, especially with Jocelyn's trying to deal with the past and her fathers condition. Plus, Will wants to get another chance of being a part of her life.

At the beginning of the story, I had a really hard time with Jocelyn. I think a lot of it has to deal with how she closed herself off to everyone that cared about her. Sometimes those kind heroines tend to be hard to like. Once she started to let people in, I started to like her more. I adore Will, even when he had some bonehead moments.

Overall, a really good read, but emotional. So, if you are looking for an emotional read, I would suggest reading Barefoot in the Rain. I'm looking forward to the next book. Till next time.

Rating:


Purchase Links:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository


No comments:

Post a Comment