background

Sunday, March 24, 2013

eARC: The Summer He Came Home by Juliana Stone

For the past few days I have been reading The Summer He Came Home by Juliana Stone. It's the first book in the Bad Boys of Crystal Lake. I must say that it was pretty awesome.

So, lets meet the Bad Boys of Crystal Lake: Cain Black, Jake Edwards, Jesse Edwards and Mackenzie Draper. These four guys were best friends growing up, somehow left Crystal Lake. However, the funeral of one of their own (Jesse Edwards) called them back to Crystal Lake.

However, this story focus more on Cain Black and his budding relationship with Maggie O'Rourke. Maggie tries to keep her distances from the bad boy rocker, but some how can't fight the attraction between them. Her number one priority is keeping her son, Michael, safe at whatever cost. Even sacrifice the budding relationship with Cain.

All right, Maggie is a single mom with a past she would like to forget and hopes it stays hidden. Funny how trying to keep things hidden never works. However, I can completely understand why she did the things she did. You have Cain, who is dreamy and actually a pretty decent guy. Even though he has the bad boy rocker image that would suggest otherwise. Yet, he's willing to take a chance with Maggie.

First off, I thought this story was pretty awesome. I mean Ms. Stone had me laughing at some parts of the story and nail biting at others. Towards the end I was holding my breath, because it got pretty tense. However, I survive and seriously can't wait to read about the other bad boys. I must this is an excellent start for the Bad Boys of Crystal Lake. I'm sure you will be just as anxious for the next story as I am. So, if you have a weakness for rocker heroes (I'm not going to lie, I do), you might want to read The Summer He Came Home.

Copy provided by Sourcebooks via NetGalley

Rating:


Purchase Links:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment