background

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Lady and The Laird by Nicola Cornick

Early today I finished The Lady and The Laird by Nicola Cornick. I started this story a few days ago and let just say it was pretty intense read. Let me share my thoughts.

In the prologue we meet Lady Lucy MacMorlan with a lot of hopes and dreams, by the time we see Lucy again she's a completely different person. All her hopes and dreams died when her twin sister died eight years ago. As I read the story, I wonder why was that so pivotal to her life change. When the truth comes to light it plays a huge part on why she doesn't want to marry and have kids. I can understand her point of view, because it haunts her.

Robert, Marquis of Methven, needs to find a particular woman to ensure that he keeps his lands cause he came back to Scotland a little late. However, Lucy mess that up for him. Now he needs to find another distance relative Cardross. Which he happens to be in luck when he finds out a certain young lady is eligible, Lucy. Yet there is a problem, Lucy has turned down every acceptable suitor. Robert finds himself in a bit of a quandary, but luck is on his side.

I found The Lady and The Laird fascinating. I enjoyed the characters. At times, I wanted to scream at Lucy, because she wouldn't let go of the past. She was so haunted by her past, that she was missing out on life. Granted it was traumatic, but she really needed to talk with someone. I loved how understanding Robert was with her and patient. He was willing to take things slowly. I truly believe that this story is incredibly written. So, if you are looking for an emotionally good book to read, I would suggest The Lady and The Lord.

Copy provided by Harlequin via NetGalley

Rating:
1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment