background

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Elite by Rachel Van Dyken

All right everyone, today's book is Elite by Rachel Van Dyken. I decided to read this book, because for a couple of reason: 1) It was a New Adult 2) The book description intrigued me.

Description:
When I won the annual Eagle Elite College Scholarship lottery, I was thrilled. After all, my grandma had just died and I wanted to take care of my aging grandpa -- he couldn't be a farmer in Wyoming forever. And graduating from Eagle Elite meant opportunity.
But I wasn't counting on meeting Nixon.

Nor was I counting on the rules of the Elect.

1. Do not touch The Elect.

2. Do not look at The Elect.

3. Do not speak to The Elect.

And worst of all? Don't discover the secret they hide, because in the end, you may just realize... it's about you. 
So, I had to read. Well, here are my thoughts:

Tracey Rooks just seems like a normal girl who came from a small town in Wyoming. When she ends up getting dropped off at Eagle Elite College, you think she had been drop-off in hell. Actually, I think hell would be a much more pleasant place Eagle Elite. Basically, she ends up pissing off the ring leader of The Elect, Nixon. She has no clue why, but she tries to make the best of the situation. Honestly, I would have been looking for another school and be transferring someplace else. However, the girl has some balls. Nixon knows he needs to stay away from her, but he can't. Yes, he's gorgeous and complete jerk. However, they end coming to terms, alas that doesn't las long. Basically a lot bad stuff starts to go down.

All right, I actually liked the book. Yes, it's a mafia story. There is no better way to describe, but being a mob book. Some of the things are probably not likely in the story, but hey it's a book. I felt sorry for Tracey for all the crap she went through. I cried for the poor girl and all the crap she went through in the school. Seriously, I would have left the first week of school. Nixon has a lot issues, but the main one is he's a leader of the family. This brings a lot of complication to the delicate relationship between Tracey and himself. Now I have to wait for book 2, because Tracey does develop feelings for Nixon's cousin, Chase. Which I love Chase. Therefore there is a possible love triangle going on here. Honestly, I don't know who I really want Tracey end up with. They both have good qualities. Ugh, this is why I have to anxiously wait for the next book. Good grief. Here's the bottom line: an emotional roller coaster and by the end your going through a dark tunnel and you have no clue where it's going to end up until you can see the next book. Basically, if you are looking for an emotional drama filled new adult book, you might want to try Elite.

Copy provided by Forever Romance via NetGalley

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment