background

Friday, August 16, 2013

Come Hell or High Desire by Misty Dietz

When I started Come Hell or High Desire by Misty Dietz, I wasn't sure if I would like it. I found the beginning a little slow for my taste.  As the story progress, I found myself unable to pull away. Once the sense of danger started to pick up I was captive to the story.

Zack Goldman is a man with a past. So, when a friend goes missing he becomes the prime suspect. However, he's trying to prove that he's innocent. Yet there is someone who wants to ruin his life, and this evil person will stop at nothing.

Sloane Swift gets caught up in all that is going down. She wants to help, but is afraid her psychic ability will cause more harm than good. However, Zack is willing to put his trust into her ability and hope to find Ann before it's too late.

As I said, I found the story a little slow at the beginning. I guess the whole idea was to build the intensity, by the way it did. As the danger level of story increase, I found myself glue to the story. I had to know who was the real culprit. I have to admit I was shocked and really didn't see it coming. Serious, you would think it was one person, the next thing that person gets killed off. A nail biter of a story. I love the chemistry between Zack and Sloane. Plus, they tend to anchor each other down when things get bad. Overall, a pretty good action book once the crap hits the fan. So, if you are looking for an action book with some twist, you might want to checkout Come Hell or High Desire.

Copy provided by publisher

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment