background

Sunday, December 2, 2012

ARC: A Taste for Scandal by Erin Knightley


I'm super excited to bring to you the soon to be latest release in A Sealed with a Kiss series by Erin Knightly. I have to say that it's not because my name is in the acknowledgement; however, you have admit that's pretty cool, I'm not going to lie.  Anyways, I really did enjoyed this story and I think A Taste for Scandal was even better than More Than a Stranger. Here's what's it about and what I loved about it.

Jane Bunting owns a lovely little bakery and loves to turn out tasty little pastry. However, her world gets turn upside down when a certain lord attacks her dear sweet cousin in her shop.

Richard Moore, Earl of Raleigh, believes he is coming to rescue a damsel in distress, but he finds a harridan. Come on you would act like a harridan if an unknown stranger came barging in and attacking your cousin? The best way to describe Richard is a take charge and ask question later. That doesn't fly over well.

All right, A Taste for Scandal had me snickering from the get go. Truly a charming read, and I adored the story. I mean you have to enjoy a story where the heroine is a baker who makes marvelous creations. Then you have Richard, who is a unrepentant rake and enjoys the attention of women. Yet, whenever he's around Jane he has a tendency to stick his foot in his mouth. You gotta love when a charming hero can't charm his way out of everything. Then you have Jane who has a distaste for the aristocracies attitude towards others and I completely understand. Yes, Richard has his work cut out when it comes to wooing Jane. However, during their time together Richard learns something about himself and tries to become a better man.

An amusing read with baking hijinks that will keep you entertain. So, if you are looking for a sweet read, you should checkout A Taste for Scandal. Before I go, I will leave you my absolutely favorite line from the book: "Guard your oven door well, my dear." 

I hope y'all are enjoying this fine Sunday and enjoy the books that you read.

ARC provide by the author

Rating:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment