background

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Earl's Defiant Wallflower by Erica Ridley (Review)

Okay, I got a chance to read The Earl's Defiant Wallflower. I have to say that I enjoyed the story. Yes, there are some issues, but if you can overlook them, it is an enjoyable read.

All right, we have Grace Halton who crosses to the Atlantic to get help from her grandparents. The grandmother is kind of a witch throughout the story and the grandfather, I don't know you get the feeling he lets his wife talk for him. Anyway, Grace needs to find a husband to help save her mom who stayed behind. Then you have Oliver York who finds out he's an impoverish earl and probably needs to marry an heiress. Of course he ends up with Grace and it all works out in the end.

I did like Grace and her spunk. She tried her best for what she had to deal with. Her grandparents were kind of inattentive, but at the same time controlling. However, they wanted her to make a good match. Oliver has this issue that he wanted to help his friends that needed help, of course this doesn't help his situation.

Yes, there are some plot issues, but I still liked the story. Maybe it would have helped if it was a little longer and maybe not. However, it was a fairly fast read that was kind of fun when I wasn't looking at the grandparents and going are you kidding me. So, it if you are looking for a quick read, you can give The Earl's Defiant Wallflower a try.

Copy provided by NetGalley (also owned a copy).

No comments:

Post a Comment