background

Monday, April 7, 2014

Passions of a Wicked Earl by Lorraine Heath

So, I decided to reread Passions of a Wicked Earl by Lorraine Heath. I absolutely loved this story. Not because the hero, I wasn't a big fan of Westfield throughout the story. Actually it was Claire who won me over. To my surprise I still get a gut punch with this story, you would think it would ease after the fifth time. I guess I was wrong.

Anyway. Claire has decided to take her place as a wife. However, Westfield doesn't want her anymore. To give a little background on their estrangement: Stephen, Westfield's brother, was trying to help his friend out, Claire. Now his plan probably wasn't the most thought out plan. Anyway, he pissed off his brother and Claire got sent to exile. Claire decides to grow a backbone to help her sister with her season, now she needs to convince Westfield to help her out. Westfield tells her he wants out of the marriage and wants to be with his mistress. His mistress is PSYCHO, like Fatal Attraction psycho. Yet, you don't get the full extent till the end.

Why I love this story: I love Claire's strength to stand up to her husband when her sister needs help avoiding a match her father has set. Westfield is a jerk and he carries around his mommy issue. Westfield feels that he's unloveable, so he's afraid to let any woman in his heart. However, Claire works her way. Of course the psycho mistress wants Westfield and will stop at nothing to get what she wants. Claire is main reason I love this story. Some may view her weak and insecure, but she's competing against a mistress. I personally think that this is a great read. So, if you are looking for read has husband and wife reconcile and learn to trust one another, you might give Passions of a Wicked Earl.

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment