background

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Otherwise Engaged by Amanda Quick

So, I have been reading Otherwise Engaged by Amanda Quick. When I saw this on the First-to-Read, I wanted to read. Instead of waiting and praying I would get selected, I decided to get an automatic copy with my points. Let just say it was worth it.

Anyway, we get a chance to meet Aminty Doncaster who happens to stumble upon Benedict Stanbridge who happens to be in need of desperate help. Basically, nurses him back to help and they part. Once back in London Aminty ends up thrust into danger and manages to escape the Bridegroom Murderer. Shortly, after the incident Benedict returns and offers up protection to Aminty as they work together to solve two cases together with the help of Inspector Logan and Aminty's sister Penny.

When I started reading, Otherwise Engaged I found myself getting sucked into the story. There is a lot going on in the book, but you realize it's all tied together. You start to connect the dots, but you don't see all the dots connecting to till the end. By the end you're like whoa what the heck just happen and you see the puzzle come together. Otherwise Engaged has more a mystery/suspense feel to it, than romance. Yes, there's a little romance, but Benedict and Aminty are kind of concern about catching the bad guys. Honestly, I loved the twist and turns in the plot. I thought I had it figured out, but then there's a curve ball.

Honestly, blown away by Otherwise Engaged. I would never in a million years guess on the ending. Overall, a fantastic read. Yes, suspenseful and will keep you guessing. A dash of romance, but not overly done. I think the amount of romance was perfect for the story. So, if you are looking for a bit more suspense/mystery than romance, I would say Otherwise Engaged is your read.

Copy provided by Penguin via First-to-Read program

Rating:
1/2

1 comment:

  1. I am such a fan of Amanda Quick! I'm about to read Mystery Woman and I'm so, so excited to read this one. ^_^

    It's my first time to hear about the Penguin First-to-Read program. Googling it now. ^_^

    ReplyDelete