background

Monday, November 4, 2013

All for You by Marquita Valentine

One of the worst things in life is to be a victim of bullying. No one should ever bully anyone, there is no rhyme or reason to do so. So, when I read Marquita Valentine's latest story All for You, it hit very close to home.

Like McKenzie Walsh, I was bullied in high school. When I started reading All for You, I started crying, because I totally understood how McKenzie felt. You never forget your tormentors and what they did. I loved this line:
"One of the worst parts of being bullied is feeling ashamed, like it was your fault, like you'd done something to make another person do this to you. Only I didn't know what I'd done..."
Most victims feel that way. Fortunately, Mckenzie stood strong. Granted her life wasn't easy, but she manage to get on top. However, she never, really got past the hurt from Weston Diaz. He could have prevented the whole situation, but just couldn't at time. Basically, he was a coward and chosen the easy way. It's not easy to chose to do the right thing, so I can understand where he was coming from.

Overall, I loved this story. Not because I could relate to McKenzie, but she was willing to forgive West.  I don't know if I could ever forgive a guy who threw me under the bus in high school. However, West did right the wrong. This was an emotional tugging story. Even if you weren't bully, you will feel the pain that Mckenzie went through this story. If you can hold back the tears, you have a heart made of stone, because All For You is a emotionally read.

Copy provided by Author

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment