background

Friday, December 27, 2013

Last Chance Proposal by Barbara DeLeo

So, last night I finished Last Chance Proposal by Barbara DeLeo. I had to really think on my feelings about this book. Normally when I read a Bliss book I usually have a warm and fuzzy feeling afterwards, but I didn't get that. Don't get me wrong, it was a good read, but didn't have that heart melting that I was looking for.

I know that second chance romances are not always the easiest to present and can be a bit a challenging. However, I didn't really feel that Cy Hathaway or Ellie Jacobs really wanted to work. Usually, you feel that one has a strong pull to be with the other and will do anything to get back together with the other. No, Cy needed to find a wife so he could get custody of his son Jonty and he figure that Ellie would be a good choice, because they once had a connection. I know that's how marriage of convenience works in stories, but I kind wish their was a little more chemistry than what was present.

I didn't really feel a strong romantic connection between Cy and Ellie. Then you have Jonty who has selective mutism, which adds a little more complication to the story. So, you have a lot of themes going on in the story: custody issues, marriage of convenience, second chance love, and a past issue that both haven't come to terms. That's a lot to take into a story. I might have felt a bit overwhelm with the themes that were in the story. Bottom line: It's not a bad story. I liked it and the ending did give me a happy feeling. However, feeling that Cy and Ellie really had feelings for each other might be a challenge for me to believe. So, if you are looking for something like this, you might give Last Chance Proposal a try.

Copy provided by publisher

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment