background

Friday, February 28, 2014

When the Rogue Returns by Sabrina Jeffries

I absolutely love how Sabrina Jeffries can you draw a person into a story. She happens do the job in her latest release When the Rogue Returns. I keep saying I'm not a huge fan when it comes to reunited lovers. However, with each reunited lovers story, I have encounter I find myself enthralled with the story. Anyway, what made me love this story:

When I first started When the Rogue Returns I wasn't sure I was going to like it. Of course, it goes back to not a huge fan of reunited lovers. So, the beginning of the story was torture for me and now you are wondering why I would love this story. Once I started to read the story, I was drawn to it all. Yes, you get a glimpse on how Victor and Isabella were separated, but you don't fully comprehend the deceit that was laid before them until you start to dive more into the story.

Both Victor and Isabella were ashamed of their families behavior and didn't want to really share what they really like when they first married. I can understand. I mean you don't want the person you married to unearth the terrible dark secrets that lay in the past. However, to build a strong relationship you need to air these concerns out, but sometimes it's scary and the fear of judgement. Anyway, Isabella's family tried to use her talents for a life a crime. While Victor's family were crazy and that's whole another issue there.

We jump ten years later, and Manton's Investigation gets a case at their doorstep. Victor wants to handle the case and feels that his wife might be in Scotland. Of course he finds his wife and yes they get reconnected. However, it's not an easy reunion and they both need to workout what happen all those years ago.

When I started I wasn't a fan of Isabella and I actually felt angry for Victor. I also completely understood Victor's anger towards Isabella. However, I love how they slowly unravel what happen to them all those years. Of course, everything starts to become good between the two of them. Well, we can't have that and so the past makes it's presence known.

I love When the Rogue Returns and can't wait for the next book. I love how these two reconnect and learn that they are stronger as a team. I love this series and it just keeps getting better. The great thing about this story, it can be read as a stand alone. So, if you are looking for romance novel that has you travel to Scotland or a reunited lovers, you might give When the Rogue Returns a try.

Copy provided by PocketBook via NetGalley

Rating:

1 comment:

  1. Lovely review! I also really enjoyed this one. It definitely has more depth than you think when you first start reading.

    ReplyDelete