background

Monday, February 17, 2014

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

Yes, it's getting close that time of the month and I'm not talking about a certain friend. Oh no, I'm talking about HEA Book Club hosted by Harlequin Junkie. Yes, that time of the month. This month I'm getting my review done a week early. WOO-HOO! Time to bust out the bubbly and streamers. Anyway, this month selection is Wallbanger by Alice Clayton. If you would love to join the discussion it will be February 25th at 6PM PST/ 9PM EST. I know it's on a Tuesday, but next month will be on our normal schedule Thursday. All are welcome to join just head over to Harlequin Junkie's Website on February 25. That's enough for pitching here are my thoughts on the story.

We meet Caroline Reynolds and her cat, Clive, at the beginning of the story. They had just moved into a fantastic new apartment. Later that night they are awaken to some serious thumping. If the thumping wasn't bad enough, they were privileged to hear some serious action. Of course, the next night she's privileged to another round, but it's to a different girl. Oh goody, but it gets better, the next girl meows which turns on her cat. The third night, nothing could prepare her to the next girl. Oh no, she's the worst offender of all, she's the giggler. Now Caroline believes her new neighbor is nothing but a manwhore, after all he has three women on three different nights. Things escalate to the point where Caroline she needs to inform Simon "Wallbanger" she's had enough of his sexapades. Of course, he's not going to let his neighbor telling him what to do.  Well, things start to get interesting when they realize they have friends in common and decided to declare a truce.

All right, I found Wallbanger to be something I needed to read. Of course for book club, but it was more like a pallet cleanser. You how people get in a book rut and not sure how to get out of it; I was there. Of course, I have heard mix things about this book, I figure "why not I need to read the book anyway". Honestly, I'm glad I moved Wallbanger up, because it gave me a recharge I needed. Yes, the story is hilarious with Simon and his harem: Spanks, Purina, and Giggler (all names Caroline came up with). I love the develop of Caroline and Simon's easy going relationship after the truce. Of course, Caroline's inner dialogue is quite hilarious. Yes, the story did mellow out towards the end, but it was still pretty good. Clive plays a huge part of the story. Even though he's a cat, he has a strong presence in the story. Overall, if you are looking for that laugh out loud story, you might give Wallbanger a go. However, this story isn't for everyone.

Favorite Quote:
"And for the record, I'd rather staple my head to the wall than make magic with you again. You and me and your five percent discount? Not going to happen. Bye-bye now."
Copy provided by publisher

Rating:
1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment