background

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mustang Sassy by Daire St. Denis

So, last night I finished Mustang Sassy by Daire St. Denis. First off, the first thought that popped in my head was the first line of Mustang Sally. Of course, I had to change it to Mustang Sassy. Anyway, I should proceed with my thoughts.

I wanted to read Mustang Sassy, because the blurb sounded kind of funny. I mean Sassy catches her boyfriend with his hands all up on another girl and she just loses it. Next thing you know she's go through the motions of taking it out on the dude's car. Of course, you have to think of the Carrie Underwood song Before He Cheats. Sassy comes to find out she damage the wrong car. Whoops. What are the odds of having the exact same model and almost same shade of blue in the same area? Nearly impossible. However, strange things do happen. For example, I had one gate guard ask me if I had just got my Civic? I guess my car looked just like the one he sold. Highly unlikely, but not unheard of.

Anyway, Jordan Carlyle wanted to know what Hogan's Restoration and Body Shop had over Carlyle Classic's. So, he figure he would find out who does the best work and basically take them away from Hogan's. Yeah, a bit underhanded, but it's all about survival. So, Jordan gives a fake name and the story goes from there.

Honestly, I thought it was a cute read. I mean you have Sassy who feels kind of guilty on what she has done, but doesn't want to fess up. Jordan who is viewed as the family screw up and doesn't want to come completely clean on why he's there to both parties. Both of them had plenty of opportunity to come clean, but neither of them do. There relationship is a bit interesting too. Where you have Sassy who has a fear of relationships and a lot has to stem from family life. She doesn't want to get to attach to anyone for fear of them leaving her. In a way it's a logical thought and more is reveal on why she feels this way. Even though Jordan is a bit dishonest, he's willing to stick it out and fight for Sassy while past guys never did.

Seriously, Mustang Sassy is a fun cute read. It would be brain candy, something light and fluffy and not overly-taxing. So, if you are looking for something that's not going to stress you out, you might want to give Mustang Sassy a go.

Copy provided by publisher

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment