background

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Unwrapped by Melody Grace

Late last night I read Unwrapped by Melody Grace. I have been trying to form my thoughts. I liked the story, but I just didn't love it. I think part of my reasoning is I just thought it was too short of a story. Yes, I know that it's a novella and these characters do have a past together.

Anyway, Lacey James has always had a crush on Daniel Sullivan. However, she never acted on her feelings, because her best friend was dating him at the time. What a conundrum. So, she always gave the image she was a party girl in college. Granted she has tamed her ways, Lacey wouldn't be the type of girl Daniel would end up. After all he has to have an image to uphold and a party girl isn't in his future.

Anyway, what happens is they have a chance encounter at the airport and pretty much they are on the same flight. A lot of things happen and they end up together. Lacey believes he's still in love her best friend and Daniel isn't sure why he's attracted to Lacey. So, they both have feelings for one another, but there that misunderstanding.

Honestly, I didn't really have a problem with Lacey and Daniel getting together. After all opposites do attract. My only issue is that the story was too short and felt rush. However, it was a sweet holiday read with some steam between these two. So, if you are looking for something like this or you have read the previous Beachwood books, you might want to read Unwrapped.

Copy provided by InkSlinger PR

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment