background

Monday, January 27, 2014

Love at Stake by Victoria Davies

I got a chance to read Love at Stake by Victoria Davies. I really couldn't put down this story. I do love to get my hands on a pretty awesome paranormal and I tend to steer towards shifters. However, the idea of this one just caught my attention.

We meet Abbey who works at a supernatural matchmaking service named Fated Match (think of it like Match.com or eHarmony for werewolves, vampires, and others). By the way she's practically the only human that works there. Anyway, she gets an opportunity to try get one of the most sought after vampire socialite. However, there is one problem standing in the way and that would be her father Lucian Redgrave. Lucian decides to give the matchmaking service a try, but there is one stipulation which is Abbey needs to be his matchmaker.

All right, I really liked Love at Stake, because you have this über sexy vampire who's wants to find his mate. At the same time, he has a hard time believing the matchmaking service is going to work. Not only that he's attracted to Abbey and figures once he's has her he'll be able to move on to find his mate. I love how Abbey tries to avoid his advancements, which almost cost her job. Once Lucian gets a taste of Abbey he can't seem to let her go, so he has his inner struggle. Yeah, the whole I don't know if I could be with a human thing. Lucian's personal struggles almost tears something magical apart.

Overall, I found Love at Stake great read. Plus, it's a fast pace story that could probably read in a day or two. I really can't wait for the next story. So, if you are looking for a quick read with a sexy vampire, you might give Love at Stake a go.

Copy provided by publisher

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment