background

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Beautiful Addictions by Season Vining

So, this evening I finished Beautiful Addictions by Season Vining. Honestly, I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started this book. However, I was a bit worry I wouldn’t like the story. Actually that was a huge fear of mine.

A lot of Beautiful Addictions deals with a lot heavy subjects in the story. You have Josie Banks (McKenzi Delaune) who is thoroughly damage. I mean she ends up in the foster system after she lost her family. She wasn’t lucky, so she turned to sex and drugs to cope with her issues. Then you have Tristan Fallbrook who is equally damage. After McKenzi Delaune left he basically fell apart. Instead of going the direction he had all planned out he ended up a girl who didn’t really want him and was basically using him. Anyway, Tristan figures out that Josie and McKenzi are the same person. So, he tries to get back with the girl he once loved.

With its heavy themes in Beautiful Addictions, I found myself really enjoying this debut novel. I found the story fantastic with some plot twist I didn’t see coming. I love how Tristan basically helps Josie overcome some of her addictions and helps her connect with the past. You don’t realize until you get closer to the end how much the past plays a huge part in the story. So, if you don’t mind a darker read, you might find Beautiful Addictions enjoyable.

Copy provided by St. Martins Press via NetGalley


Rating:

1 comment: