background

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ctrl Z by Danika Stone

A few days ago I finished Ctrl Z by Danika Stone. I must say that it was an interesting read. The whole idea of being able to erase the past and just move forward is interesting. How many of you would love to erase the past and move forward like it didn't exist? I think a lot people would love that.

Here is the book blurb:
Indigo Sykes has spent years trying to forget where she came from. She has a degree, a new life, and a quiet existence. Everything she ever wanted... But all of this comes to a screeching halt when an unexpected meeting with computer hacker, Jude Alden, changes her plans. Romance blooms between the mismatched duo, even while entanglements from Indigo’s past threaten to pull the two of them apart. 
 Dogged by a history of running, Indigo’s hard-won security is shattered when Jude’s illegal activity drags both of them into a dangerous game. As the net of hacking and underworld crime tightens around Jude and Indigo’s dark history is exposed, the two of them must find a way out or risk bringing the consequences down on them both.
All right, I had a hard time getting into this book. I think my problem was the different POV. There were at least four POV: Indigo, Jude, the mobs, and the police. However, I did find the writing was done exceptionally well, and the author did a fantastic job with the change of POV. However, it's a lot to take in. I think a turning point for me was when the danger leave got intense, when you really knew a lot of peoples lives were on the line. I did like the book, and I thought the ending was interesting.  

Here's the bottom line: If you don't mind a lot going on in your reads and changing POV, you might find Ctrl Z enjoyable. However, if you have a hard time keeping track of a lot of information, you might struggle with the story. So, if you are looking for something Ctrl Z, I would say check it out.

Copy provided by the author.

Rating:


Purchase links:
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment