background

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sacrifice of Passion by Melissa Bourbon Ramirez

Yesterday I spent most of the day reading Sacrifice of Passion by Melissa Bourbon Ramirez. I must say that it was suspenseful with twist and turns. Let's get started with what the story is about and my thoughts.

Twelve years earlier Delaney West was traumatize by something horrible that happen to her and decided the best way to deal with it was to run away. How does running away ever solved any problems? It never does just compacts the problem. However, she figures she needs to face her fears and decides to come home to San Julio.

Vic Vargas is surprise to see Delaney back in town. After all, he couldn't understand why she left in the first place and didn't leave any word for him. Heart broken Vic slowly pieces his life together. Yet, there's always a wrench through in. His happens to be finding out he had a son from another woman. Good times, good times.

Somehow Vic and Delaney are thrown together to slowly piece together what they had lost and figure out what is happening to all the livestock that has been dying. There has been talk of a Chupacabra, yes the mystical bloodsucker.

I didn't really know what to expect, seriously. However, I did enjoy the book and I found myself not wanting to put it down. I really wanted to know what was going on and like the hero I had a hard time believing there was a Chupacabra running around the area. Yet, most of the town believe there was one. I have to give the author credit, because I really thought the villain was someone else. She did a really good job at keeping you guessing. I seriously can't believe who the real villain was. I mean he was a wild card. Horrible man; still blows me away.

Overall, a really good read. If you are looking for a story that will keep you on the edge of your seat, you might want to read Sacrifice of Passion. I was at the edge of my seat throughout the whole story.

Copy provided by the author

Rating:


Purchase Links:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment