background

Sunday, April 14, 2013

eARC: Chasing Mrs. Right by Katee Robert

For the past couple of days I have been reading Katee Robert's Chasing Mrs. Right. I must say that this a hot steamy read will keep you warm at night. Let me share why:

Who doesn't love when a one night stand that goes horribly wrong. We all know the purpose of one night stand, that we are never going to see the person ever again. However, that doesn't happen with Roxanne Stokes, nope she has the luck of sleeping with her best friend's older brother Ian Walser. What are the chances of that? So much heat and passion in that one night how can they both walk away from that?

Normally, I don't like damaged heroines for a couple of reasons. The main reason is they tend to get on my nerves. However, Roxanne didn't get on my nerves. I actually liked her and her jaded attitude on love. I must say I have seen some jaded heroines, but I think she takes the cake with lines like:

"It's the only emotion that makes people experience a false high, better than any drug on the market. Two people in love believe in miracles. They believe that all they need is love to conquer the world. It's all a lie."
Or...

"It's the same damn thing. We're encouraged to marry for love, and then those new relationship vibes run out, and all you're left with is some near-stranger who you are incompatible with in every way but, sexually. You end up resenting them because you're trapped, and all that hate turns into a toxic mix that's damn unlivable. Falling in love is the beginning of the end for relationship. It just takes some longer to realize it than others."
 
Seriously jaded, cynical, or whatever word you can come up with. What it all boils down to is fear that was instill at a young age. And I appreciate Ms. Robert using a hero that had some serious emotional baggage. I don't think that Roxanne could have handle someone who didn't have baggage. Boy Ian has baggage. For one thing he's coming back from overseas and adjusting to life after the military; not always an easy transition. Then he's dealing with his family, especially his mother. Wow, she's a piece of work.

Overall, I enjoyed reading Chasing Mrs. Right. I love the fact that Roxanne and Ian are both damage goods trying to work their way through life. They are a lot of fun to read with their banter between each other. BOY they bring the heat in their conversation and in the bedroom (or anywhere else). Here's the bottom line: If you are looking for hot and steamy with some witty conversation, I would say give Chasing Mrs. Right a try and be prepare to turn on the AC.

Copy provided by publisher

Rating:
1/2






Purchase Links:
Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Kobo

2 comments:

  1. Great review--I'm putting this one on my list! :D

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Good thing this is an eBook, so you won't have to worry about it being one of the books that will kill you.

      Delete