background

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ruined by a Rake by Erin Knightley

Yesterday I read Ruined by a Rake by Erin Knightley, which happens to be her newest novella. Since this is a novella, I won't go into too much detail about what the story is about, but mainly why I liked the story.

I must say that I found Eleanor Abbington a delightful character. Like any obedient young woman, she does what she is told. However, her Uncle Robert (a despicable guy) has given to an option to wed one of his buddies or force sister to do so. Seriously, he didn't win me over. I personally would like to do bodily harm to the old man. Sorry, I'm digressing. Fortunately Nicholas Norton comes home in the knick of time and help Eleanor.

Really, Ruined by a Rake is a delightful read. I really like Eleanor and her relation with Nicholas. I love the fact when Nicholas returns, Eleanor is taken by how much he has grown up. I love how Nicholas doesn't take to kindly to the fact that his step-father is a bully. Overall, a sweet and enjoyable read. So, if you are in the mood for a sweet novella, I would suggest Ruined by a Rake.

Copy provided by author

Rating:


Purchase Links:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment