background

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Skinny Bitch in Love by Kim Barnouin

Yesterday I started and finished Skinny Bitch in Love by Kim Barnouin. First off, I thought it was going to be a comedy. There was some funny parts, but not throughout the book. I guess I should never assume anything, especially when it comes to a title. Anyways, to my surprise I actually liked this book even though it wasn't a comedy.

Clementine Cooper happens to a vegan chef and is kind of pushy on the whole vegan thing. I guess I will forgive her for being a bit pushy. Anyways, she ends up getting fire, because there was butter in her sauce. NO! I know. So, begins her journey of gaining her dream of owning her restaurant. Granted she has a rocky start. Plus, she loses the place she's been eyeing for some time to Zach Jeffries.

However, there is so much chemistry between Zach and Clementine. However, they have different views on food. How is this going to work? Well, that's another rocky situation, but the food isn't the problem, but something totally unrelated. Yet, they use food ideology as away of keeping them apart.

Honestly, I thought it was a cute story. I think I would have liked a little more comedy, but other than that it was a decent read. I did like how Zach and Clementine did compromise. I think what really makes the story was the friendships Clementine develops on her journey of self discovery. Bottom line is: if you are looking for something cute with a vegan point of view, I would suggest Skinny Bitch in Love.

Copy provided by Gallery Books via NetGalley

Rating:


Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo / Book Depository

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! From the blurb and title I did expect this one to be a RomCom, so you are not alone in that assumption

    ReplyDelete