background

Friday, June 7, 2013

eARC: Destination Wedding by Robyn Neeley

Let me just tell you that this is a fantastic story from a debut author Robyn Neeley. Seriously, blown away by the story that is Destination Wedding. First off, you have to view this as a romantic comedy, because it totally could be. I mean from page one screamed "This could be such a romantic comedy movie!" So, let's meet our cast:

Kate Ashby: The wedding planner who is afraid of flying.
Luke Cannon: He's the one who was totally lipped locked with Kate. Twin brother to Drew.
Drew Cannon: The groom. The one Kate believes she made out on the plane.
Lauren Kincaid: The Bride to be. Has no clue whats going.
Miles Payne: Kate's assistant. He's actually a lot of fun.
Vanessa Ashby: Mother to Kate. You probably wondering why she's included in the mix of characters. She does have a purpose, really.
Jack Cannon: Father to Luke and Drew.
Olivia Moore: the wrench, ex-girlfriend of Luke. You know every romantic comedy has a wrench. Where it's like oh no moment. That's all I can say about her.

From the get go I was laughing. I mean Kate is a complete and utter mess. Come on when you freak the guy out you are sitting next to, you know your a spaz. Yet the guy comes back a different person, but you don't notice he is. What a tangle web Luke weaves with not telling her the truth right away, which leads to her hating the groom. Of course Drew has no clue why he's getting the stink eye from Kate. From there we build on the misunderstanding and just makes the story funnier. Luke's half bake plans when he tries to fix the situation, oh dear.

I personally love romantic comedies because you get a little bit of everything. If you think about it romantic comedies have these four elements: romance, comedy, the catch (you know the oh no moment), and finally the happy ending. I have to say Destination Wedding has all these qualities which it makes it the best romantic comedy. Sometimes romantic comedies can get a bit over the top, but not this one. I must say that it was a well balance read. I'm not kidding when I say I was laughing throughout the book. So, if you are looking for a good light-hearted read I would get yourself a copy of Destination Wedding. I'm sure you won't look back this trip.

Copy provided by the author

Rating:


Purchase links:
Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%. Loved Destination Wedding. A perfect summer read while lying on the beach. The towel incident...well I laughed so hard, I had to put the book done.Well done, Robyn Neeley

    ReplyDelete