background

Monday, June 24, 2013

eARC: Famously Engaged by Robyn Thomas

 I don't know where to begin with Famously Engaged by Robyn Thomas. I really wanted to love this story, but I just couldn't. I tried to find the thing that would save the story for me, and still couldn't. I'm a huge a believer in finding something good in the story even I when don't love the story. Even that I had a hard time. 
The premise of Famously Engaged made the story sound like a lot of fun. You have Beth Carlise who happens to be a chef, best friend and ex-wife to the groom. Then you have Jake Olsen who is the older brother to the groom's fiancee. All he hears is how great Beth is, so he worries that his sister isn't going to have a wedding. However, she tries to convince her brother it isn't like that, but he still swoops in trying to fix keep Beth from ruining the wedding she's planning for her ex. Seriously, sounds like a lot of fun. 

However, I couldn't get into the story. I truly tried. I even put the book down and decided to come back to the story to see if I just needed a break from the story. Honestly, it didn't help. The story had a lot of potential to be a lot of fun. However, you have Jake charging in and taking over a situation where he had no business doing so, because he was worry for nothing. Then you have Beth who just kind of goes with the flow. I think if there was a little more of battle of wills, it might have made the story a bit more interesting. It wasn't till we got closer to the end where Beth finally gets a backbone. Beth was a bit too passive for my taste. 

This is just my thoughts on Famously Engaged. If the story appeals to you, you might want to checkout Famously Engaged for yourself. I'm just saying it didn't appeal to me in the end.

Copy provided by publisher

Rating:
2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment