background

Friday, June 6, 2014

Delectable by Adrianne Lee

For the past few days I have been sitting on my thoughts on Delectable by Adrianne Lee. I guess I struggle to find something good to say about the story, because I seriously struggle with the story. I get that the story was suppose to be cute and fun, but I just didn't see it. I could see the potential in it being cute. However, it just fell flat in my opinion (which is not the same as anyone else's).

I struggle with the main characters, you have Quint McCoy and his wife Callee. They were having marital issues before Quint's father passed away, but that seem to be the catalyst for everything to fall apart. There was heated words said and basically they gave up. I understand that death in the family can either draw a family together or tear it apart. I mean they didn't even tried to workout their issues. When he got back from his trip and sort of stop grieving his wife up and left him. Yes, he said some stupid things, but she should have chalked up to him grieving instead "saying oh well it wasn't meant to be." When she was back in town all they did was nitpick or they couldn't keep their hands off each other. That was one of my main issues with story. The other was his mother turned his office into a pie shop while he was gone. Who does that? I could probably go on, but I'm going to stop.

As I said before Delectable, I did see potential to be a fun story. However, I just didn't feel the story. Even though it was a short read, I struggle to keep going. Honestly, I was kind of bored with Quint and Callee.

Rating:
1/2 

No comments:

Post a Comment