background

Thursday, April 25, 2013

eARC: Lady Vivian Defies a Duke by Samantha Grace

For the past few days I have been reading Samantha Grace's soon to be new release, Lady Vivian Defies a Duke. I must say I thought this story was cute. So, lets see why:

Lady Vivian Worth is a precocious young lady. She has a penchant for finding trouble. Hence the reason her brother was in negotiations with Luke's father for a marriage agreement.

Lucas Forest, the new Duke of Foxhaven, has no designs to tie himself down at this time. So, he figures he could talk to Lady Vivian and break-off the agreement. Of course, it doesn't workout the way he plan, which begins the merry adventure.

I really like Vivian. I thought she was a lot fun. Let's be honest, she's a hoyden. She has no notions of what a proper young lady should do. Honestly, I have a soft spot for young women like Vivian. I love her innocence of her understanding of the world and at the same time has been hurt by hoyden behavior.

Luke. He has no desire of being the Duke, yet has no choice. At first, I wasn't sure about Luke. He's a likable guy, but he wanted to get away from his duty. However, I love how he starts to discover who he is with the help of Vivian. At the same time, Vivian is clueless that she is even help Luke realize he needs to stay in the country.

Honestly, Lady Vivian Defies a Duke put a smile on my face. As I said it's a cute story, and it's truly is a cute story. I think what makes it cute is Vivian. She's just adorable with her hoyden behavior. I think the best way to describe this story is "Every day is new... One must simply look for adventure to find it." So, if you are looking for an adventure, you might find one with Lady Vivian Defies a Duke. You never know what kind of trouble Vivian will cook up. 

Copy provided by Sourcebook via NetGalley

Rating:


Purchase Links:
Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Kobo ~ Book Depository

Just to let you know that his Grace will be gracing us with his presence on May 9th, so be sure to come back then to see how he answered my questions. It should be a lot of fun. 




No comments:

Post a Comment