background

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Bandit's Stolen Heart by Michelle McLean

First things first, I'm not a huge fan of westerns. I'm not sure why, but I'm just not. It could be I haven't read too many western. Which is very surprising, because I do have a few on my Kindle just haven't gotten to them. I guess it's time to try new things, right? Today I bring to you Michelle McLean's newest book, A Bandit's Stolen Heart. This will be start of a new series Blood Blade Sisters. I know how exciting.

In this story we meet Richardson sisters, Brynne, Pricilla (Cilla), and Lucy. Well, these lovely sisters are looking out for there friends and neighbors against there evil conniving half brother. A Bandit's Stolen Heart is a Robin Hood-like story only western style.

Cilla is more like Robin Hood than the other sister. Always looking out for everyone and not really looking out for herself. While still a child and seeing the injustice that was occurring in her hometown she creates Blood Blade. I don't know why, but every time I see Blood Blade I want to change it to Blade Blood. Who knows. Yes, I said she is trying to protect the lovely town people from the evil conniving half brother and of course he would be a sherif. Wouldn't be a Robin Hood-like story without a wicked sherif.

Somehow we need to get the hero into the story and what better way that have him search for his older brother. Jake Forrester was last seen with the Richardson sisters and Leo figure it would be great place to start. However, things don't go according to plan and he ends up wedded to Brynne. I had a hard time swallowing this and of course it was Cilla's idea. UGH!

Ok, I liked A Bandit's Stolen Heart, but I had some issues with the story. For one thing the hero has to marry the older sister (not that she was ugly, but he was more attracted to Cilla). I know it was to save her, but I struggle with this so much. As the story progress, Leo starts to develop feelings for Cilla (oh no factor, and what has done). We have conflicting feelings and trying to be noble with the whole situation. However, it righted itself in the end and that is the most important thing to happen. Plus, it left me wondering what's going to happen to the other sisters.

Here's the bottom line: If you are a western fan, I would suggest checking A Bandit's Stolen Heart. After all it is quite good for a western, because it has the essence of western with cattle, ranch, and bandits. Am I going to read more westerns, I don't know, but at least I found one that has me intrigue enough take a look at more westerns.

Copy provided by publisher

Rating:
1/2



Purchase Links:
Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment