background

Friday, April 26, 2013

eARC: The Devil's Pearl by Jennifer Haymore

One more novella before I hit the sack. I got a chance to checkout Jennifer Haymore's new novella which is part of her new series House of Trent. I'm not sure how this is all going to play out into the new series, but I bet it will all be answer one day. Until then I will bring you The Devil's Pearl. I'm just going to dive into my thoughts:

First off, this story stems from a huge misunderstanding between Julia Beaumont and Sir Devlin Vaughn. Let's be honest, communication is the key that will solve a lot of problems. However, if they didn't have a communication problem we wouldn't have this novella.

The main reason they have a communication break down is Devlin isn't good with words. Instead using words, he used trinkets and baubles. The women who like trinkets and baubles instead of words are mistresses, and Julia didn't want to be a mistress. So, the best thing to do is run away. How does running away solve any problems? It never does.

You gotta love misunderstandings (only in a book, because in real life they suck), because they make the most interesting reads. This whole novella focuses on there perpetual misunderstanding between Devlin and Julia. I like this story, and I wonder how Julia and Devlin will play out in the series. I can't wait to see what happens with House of Trent. Looking for a quick read full of misunderstanding, but still get a happy ending you might want to consider The Devil's Pearl. I hope that I can avoid my own misunderstandings.

Copy provided by ForeverRomance via NetGalley

Rating:


Purchase links:
Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment