The question I asked Roni Loren: If you could go anywhere in the world what would be your top 5 places for a romantic getaway and why?
I’m of the mind that anywhere can be romantic if I’m with the hubby (and have a babysitter for the kidlet, lol), but there are a few places that I’d gravitate toward if I could choose.
1. Lake Tahoe in the winter – This is where Forever Starts Tonight is set and I did that for a reason. Many years ago, the hubby and I went out there for a trip and got snowed in by a blizzard on day two. We had no snow tires on the car, so were stuck. But we were one of the only couples at the resort since ski season hadn’t opened yet. So we had restaurants to ourselves and all the beautiful scenery. We watched movies and drank hot chocolate, played in the snow. It was a fantastic place to get stuck. : )
2. France – I’m not sure which region I’d prefer, but I’ve never been so I’d want to see as much as I could (and eat as much as I could, lol.)
3. Italy – Similar reasons to France. Food, wine, long walks with beautiful scenery and architecture.
4. New England in the fall at a B&B – I’ve always wanted to see the leaves turning and tour that region during that time. I like in Dallas, which basically has two seasons—really hot summers and icy winters. So I’d love to truly experience fall.
5. Doing the Pacific Coast Highway road trip – I’d love to go on a long road trip with the hubs where we get to see the ocean and stop in all the towns along the way to find the best dive restaurants and such. (See? Everything goes back to food for me, lol.)
Readers: If you could go anywhere for a romantic getaway, where would you go?
The wait is over. They fell in love in Melt Into You, but that was only the beginning. Now New York Times bestselling author Roni Loren dials up the passion as three lovers reinvent the meaning of togetherness and find out if love is truly enough…
Two dominant men, one beautiful woman. Jace Austin knows he doesn’t have what you’d call a conventional relationship with Evan and Andre, but it works. Boy, does it work—until Evan starts acting strangely and Andre’s ex-fiancée pops back into his life, unbalancing a perfectly happy threesome. Jace is forced to face the unthinkable: that the two people he cares most about in this world are in danger of slipping away from him.
So Jace plans a surprise getaway to a secluded mountain cabin for the three of them. And he knows exactly what he needs to do: give both his lovers a fantasy week they’ll never forget. And the possibilities for pleasure are endless. But when they get snowed in and the heat between them reaches a fever pitch, secrets come out. And Evan has one that could change all their lives forever.
So, I got a chance to read Forever Starts Tonight, and I'm going say that I probably should have read Melt Into You first. However, that didn't happen. I think that would probably helped me connect better with Jace, Evan, and Andre. Can't do anything now, right? Oh well, that's life and honestly, I might feel differently once I read Melt Into You about Forever Starts Tonight. Until then I'm going to press forward with my thoughts about Forever Starts Tonight.
So, what I have gather Forever Starts Tonight is like an epilogue to Melt Into You. So, Jace, Evan, and Andre have been in this relationship and like most relationships you hit a bottom, but it's how you bounce back from the bottom. Jace feels that they need to get away and have a lovers retreat.
All right, for a short quick read it packs the steam and heat you would find in Loving on the Edge books. However, this is more like a final hurrah for trio, and lets see what happens after everything is said and done. So, that conclusion feel. Basically, Forever Starts Tonight is about the three of them knowing that they have each other and can overcome anything that might come their way. So, you get your hot and happy ending. I would strongly for those who haven't read Melt Into You to read that first before reading Forever Starts Tonight. This way you might have that connection to the character, unlike me who has to work her way backwards.
Copy provided by Berkley via NetGalley
Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. Though she’ll forever be a New Orleans girl at heart, she now lives in Dallas with her husband and son.
If she’s not working on her latest sexy story, you can find her reading, watching reality television, or indulging in her unhealthy addiction to rockstars, er, rock concerts. Yeah, that's it. She is the National Bestselling Author of The Loving on the Edge series from Berkley Heat.
Places to find Roni Loren:
1 $50 B&N Gift Card (if international winner is chosen, a $50 Amazon card will be sent instead)