background

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Dark Lady by Máire Claremont

First off let me just say, WOW! I normally stay far away from darker novels, but Máire Claremont did a fantastic job with her debut novel, The Dark Lady. I was seriously impressed and I can honestly say that I haven't read anything like this. With so many romance novels out there it is truly amazing to find a unique story.

The story starts off with Lord Ian Blake coming home from India to check on Lady Eva Carin. However, was informed by her sniveling brother in-law, Lord Thomas Carin, that she was no longer in resident. In fact he had her committed after the death of Hamilton and Adam.

Ian would not let anything stop him from seeing Eva, so he goes to see her in the Asylum. Once he arrives, Ian sees that the place is not fit for anyone to inhabit and decides to get her out. So, the story begins.

A marvelous piece of work from the first page to the last. I'm truly blown away by the story. Not only the story, but the description. Máire truly paints the picture that you are inside the book watching these events happen, which makes this utterly amazing. The characters are fantastic too. With Eva and Ian trying find themselves after what had been taken them away from each other. I also enjoyed reading the snippets of their past and how it forms their future.

Truly amazing and I can't wait to see more work from Máire Claremont. Seriously, she can build a story, even if it starts off in an asylum. So, if you are looking for something a little different from what you're use to reading, I would say take a look at The Dark Lady. Even with all the darkness there is a light to a happy ending.

Copy provided by author.

Rating:


Purchase Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment