background

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tempting the Billionaire by Jessica Lemmon

Yesterday I finished Tempting the Billionaire by Jessica Lemmon. First off, I probably could have finished this book in a day, but alas life always get the better of me at times. Seriously, I really wanted to sit down and finished the book. I mean I loved the story. Here's why:

We meet Shane August, who happens to be a hot billionaire. Who wouldn't want to meet him? However, he tends to put up a wall when it comes to women. It's always best to be prepared for anything, especially for the worst. Which is a great motto to live by. However, his wall starts to crumble when he meets Crickett Day.

Crickett is not your typical woman. She kind of lost her confidence when her marriage ended. Slowly rebuilding her life, she gets an opportunity to work for Shane August. Lucky girl! However, the more she gets to know him as a person the harder it becomes to protect her heart from him.

Oh my gosh, loved this book. I couldn't put it down, and would tell myself "one chapter and I will clean my house." Then I would finished the one chapter and go "oh one more." Then I would realize I really need to get some stuff done, so I get a read later. Yes, life was a little inconvenient when it came to this book. However, I finished Tempting the Billionaire and feeling satisfied that I read this story. Shane and Crickett's relationship was rocky to say the least. It made me laugh how Shane would try to put parameters around their relationship and at the same time trying to break them. I guess he wanted to have his cake and eat it too.

At times he would hurt Crickett, and just wanted to beat him up for Crickett. I know that he was trying and he had issues to work on. However, Shane did have a really big heart, he was just a little misguided at times. He really did try his best. However, I really LOVED the ending and I'm anxious to read more from Jessica Lemmon. Yes, a satisfying read. I hope you all get a chance to read about this hot billionaire with a heart of gold. See you all later.

Copy provide by Forever Romance through NetGalley

Rating:



Purchase Links:


2 comments: