background

Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Scandalous Wife by Ava Stone

I'm so excited to do a review on this book. Lets be honest I'm excited that I will be reviewing this series in the next couple of weeks. I LOVE this series. You get see why in todays post.

Let me give you the background on how I came across this book. About this time last year Amazon was suggesting this series to me. I have been reading romance novels for about a year now (I took a hiatus on reading them), and was looking for something new to read. I told myself what the heck the story plot sounded interesting to me.

At the opening of the book you meet Robert Beckford, the Earl of Masten at his sister's ball. He catches a glimpse of a beautiful woman. Little does he know that it is his wife, Lydia. Five years earlier Robert marries the girl to save the reputation of his family. After the vows were said and done he dumps her off at one of his country estates never to think of her again. A little older now, Lydia decides that she is tired of being cooped up in her gilded prison. So, Lydia makes her way to London to enjoy a season, no longer caring what her husband thinks. Robert has an urge to get the situation under control again and get his wife back to her place back in the country. He comes up with a plan that no man of his standing could fault him.

What you will find in this book will be a scoundrel of a brother, a bastard of a brother, a vindictive ex-mistress, and an unfortunate past that makes this book a worth while read.

ALL my really good friends know that I LOVE this series. After reading the first book I told each of them (the ones who love a good romance) to get this book. So, you really should check this book out and I'm sure you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment