background

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Whatever the Price by Jules Bennett

Friday night I was on my way to Helena to see Avenue Q with my husband and I wasn't really feeling like reading a regency period novel. So, I decided to read Jules Bennett recent book Whatever the Price. Here's what the story is about:

Life in the Hollywood spotlight is never easy, especially when you are a big time movie director with a rocky marriage that's heading to divorce. Then fate drops another bombshell into your lap in a form of a baby.

Anthony Price never saw children in his future, yet with the death of his sister fate dropped Lily into his lap. However, he needs the help from his wife Charlotte to make sure they are able to keep Lily. Charlotte is unsure with the situation and is having a hard believing Anthony is willing to change his old ways for this new form family. However, they have 90 days to work this out or she's gone forever.

Anthony sees this as a new chance and is willing to do anything to keep his wife and the new family that they are forming. Will it be enough to keep her? Will Charlotte be able to see if Anthony can change for the better?

Overall, I liked the book. There were heart warming moments in there, where Anthony is really making an effort to show Charlotte they can have a wonderful family-life together. I really love how Anthony really strives to show that he can change. An indescribable man once he realize he needed to change. Charlotte is sweet with a heart of gold. So, it was good book and I'm looking forward to the next. However, I need to go back and read about his half-brothers story.

Well, I hope you all had a good weekend and I hope you are enjoying the books you are reading. I will see all later.






No comments:

Post a Comment