background

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Third Time's A Charm by Marquita Valentine

All right, I have been reading Third Time's a Charm by Marquita Valentine. Let me just say this up front, Marquita is becoming one of my favorite writers for contemporary romance novels. I really love this book. Her first book Twice Tempted  was amazing, but I think this one even beats that one. So here is a quick sum up of the story:

The story starts off with Alexander "Sasha" Romanov out in a field abandon. If you read Twice Tempted you would remember him as the cousin of Christian Romanov and they use to be very close. However, since Sasha was doing Vladimir's dirty work (Christian evil father), they have grown apart. Well, Sasha is still doing Vladimir's dirty work, but this time it's affecting someone else.

Rosebud Poppy Holland (Rose for short) has no clue what happen to Sasha, but she helps him. Then he disappears from her life and three months later reappears. Hurt by his actions she tries to put up barricades to protect her. However, Sasha is there to find out her weakness and use them against her to gain access to the mysterious springs and take away her home. What an awful guy, right?

As Sasha gets to know Rose more, he notices things that start to bother his conscious. For example, how the people treat her like the town pariah and how her parents basically abandon her. I mean that is some pretty crapy stuff. Despite it all, Rose copes with all that she is dealt with.

Now here's the question will Sasha follow through with Vladimir's evil plan or will his conscious win this battle? Will he be able to capture Rose's fragile heart and be the hero she needs? Who knows? Well, I do, but I'm not telling.

OMG! AMAZING! This story was moving in so many ways. Third Time's a Charm  had me laughing and crying. I mean Rose's family life had me crying. Seriously, water works, but I love how strong she tried to maintain herself. Sasha was Sasha. There are really no words to describe him other than dripping with sex appeal and cockiness, but you gotta love a hero like that. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book and I seriously can't wait for more stories from Holland Springs.

Well, that's all for now and I hope you get a chance to read this. Here's something you can look for if you get a chance to read this: Where is Sasha's piercings? I was surprise he had them in that location. Happy Reading!


2 comments:

  1. Ooh--I'm definitely putting this series on my list! :)

    And I'd also like to say thank you for joining Ink Readers--I'm sorry that it's off to a bit of a slow start, but I hope things pick up soon! Enjoy your penpal journey! :)

    Enjoy!
    TB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy this title.

      I'm excited for Ink Readers. Talk to you later.

      Delete