background

Saturday, September 8, 2012

After Dark with a Scoundrel by Alexandra Hawkins

All righty, the third book in the Lord of Vices series After Dark with a Scoundrel by Alexandra Hawkins. I have to say this is my favorite so far out of the five (since there is only five at this time) and I haven't gotten to the fifth book yet.

Overview:

We meet up with a precocious 15 year old Lady Regan Alice Bishop who is helping Vane in making fireworks. Well, she's not paying any attention and accidentally sets the kitchen in Nox on fire.

Lord Hugh Mordare is coming back to the club after a trying day with his family when he notices the smoke. Once he arrives he notices Regan's cover in soot from head to toe. A protective instinct takes over, and he takes her back inside to one of the parlors.

One thing leads to another, and Frost catches his sister kissing Dare. Yeah, not good at all. Then Regan is banished from London to go to a girls school. The nerve, right and over a little harmless kiss.

Five years later, Regan returns intent to seduce Dare. However, things are not going according to plan. He's taking his duty to help Frost keep an eye on Regan a little too serious, and there is a widow waiting in the wings. Will all her refinement help her win Dare or will it go up in smoke?

My Thoughts:

LOVE THIS ONE! I mean this is my favorite book out of the series, which could change with the next few books. However, I think it might be a challenge. I love the relationship between Regan and Dare. She is a challenge to him and is not afraid to make his life a living hell. Regan is no simpering miss and is willing to go after what she wants. It's possible that being sister to Frost has taught her a thing or two. So, there you go. I hope you get a chance to check out this book if it intrigues.

Well, I hope that you have fun this weekend and enjoy what your reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment