background

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Forbidden: The Soulkeepers by Lori Adams

When I started reading Lori Adams Forbidden: The Soulkeepers, I was a little worry. Yes, worry. Why you ask? I was thinking I got myself into a Twilight kind of story, but with angels and demons. I have valid reasons for thinking this: 1) It takes place in high school 2) We have to guys vying for the heroine's attention 3) The hero basically tells the heroine stay away from me. Basically thrusting her into the other guys arms. However, my perspective started to change once I started to get more into the story. I still felt that it was Twilight-esque, but not so much. All right here we go:

We have Sophia St. James. She just moved to a whole new area and she's trying to figure her way through. She's dubbed "the Pastor's daughter" right away. Anyway, she meets Michael. She feels this instant connection, and he feels too. However, he can't do anything about it cause of his guardian angel status. He tries to avoid her the best of his abilities. Then Dante steps onto the scene. Now Dante and Sophia use to be an item way back when before he thrust down to hell. Now he's trying to get her back, because he loves her so much. So, you have this awkward love triangle going on. So, Dante trying everything in his power to get her back.

Okay, that was the simplest way to sum up the story. Basically you have good verses evil throughout the story. Michael and his family don't know what to think of Sophia. However, Dante and his crew are trying everything to get Sophia. I'm was surprise that I actually found myself enjoying the story, because I don't do well with high school drama. I think what did it for me, was more of the good trying win over evil. By the time I got to end of the story I was ready for more and I'm actually excited to see what happens next.

Overall, I believe those who enjoyed Twilight might actually enjoy this trilogy. So, if you are looking for a story that has angels going against demons and fighting over who should have the girl, you might consider reading Forbidden: The Soulkeepers a try. Seriously, I was surprise that I liked the story.

Copy provided by Random House via NetGalley

Rating:
4 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment