background

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Breathe Into Me by Sara Fawkes

So, I finished Breathe Into Me by Sara Fawkes today. All right, I felt that I needed to be in the right mood read this story, and I was right. Yes, this story has been in the TBR pile for a little while. However, it was time to tackle the story. It didn't take me to long to read. Actually it's a fairly quick read, if you have a heart of stone. With that said let me dive into my thoughts.

At the beginning of Breathe Into Me, you meet Lacey St. James and you get the feeling you should feel sorry for her. Lacey's character is a view as a victim through most of the story. Here's my view on victims they're either going be stronger for going through the trial or they're not and will need someone to help them through it. Lacey is more of the latter. A lot of it has to deal with she's avoiding her home life which is pretty crappy. There were a few times I wanted to beat the crap out of her grandmother. I know that's not a very kind thing to say, but the woman need to be bitch slap. Sorry, I'm digressing. Anyway, Lacey's life is in the pits when she meets Everett Ward.

Everett is a sweet, caring guy who wants to help Lacey. However, Lacey has some serious trust issues when it comes to men. Let's take her psycho ex-boyfriend as an example and it's easy to understand why there would be trust issue. Anyway, he works hard to gain her trust, but we can't have a complete golden boy in the story. Yes, he did have a secret that almost ruined everything between him and Lacey.

Anyway, I did like the story. At times I felt like Lacey was a puppy getting kicked every time she was trying to get back on her feet. However, she did meet some great people that helped her realize that doesn't need to be a victim. I liked how one of them straight up told her it didn't matter where she came from, but how she moved forward. I think both, Everett and Lacey, needed to hear that. So, if you don't mind have your emotion getting tug here and there, you might enjoy Breathe Into Me.

Copy provided by St. Martins Press via NetGalley

Rating:
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment