background

Monday, July 15, 2013

Tempting a Devil by Samantha Kane

A few days ago, I finished Tempting a Devil by Samantha Kane. When I started reading this story I was on the fence about it. After all I enjoyed I enjoyed the first book in The Saint's Devil. However, it took me a little while to get into the story, but it did grab me towards the end.

Well, Harriet Mercer (Harry) grew up with Roger Templeton. Roger saw her more as a pest, but they were friends. As they grew up, they lost contact with one another until one faithful night, where Roger comes to Harry's rescue. Believe me Harry definitely needs help, but she also needs to keep her secret away from Roger. Grant it has been years since they have seen each other, you never know what might Roger might do if he knew the whole truth.

As I said, I did have a bit of trouble getting into the story. I think a lot has to do with the fact that Harry had to chase Roger into complying into her plans. Roger is a bit leery at first, but on some level wants to help Harry. After all, he use to do it all the time. The turning point for me was when Roger accepts the fact he needs to help Harry no matter what.  Part of Rogers problem is he was burned by one woman and is afraid to get burn by another, even if he once new the girl. However, this story wouldn't be complete without a madman. Boy is he mad.

Overall, I did enjoyed the story. I actually was please to see the story to pickup a bit. Yes, Harry was a bit manipulative, but the girl had her reason. I actually like the emanate danger I felt as the story start to pickup. So, if you are looking friends to lovers story with a dash of danger, you might enjoy Tempting a Devil.

Copy provided by Random House via NetGalley

Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Melody!

    Great review -- Samantha Kane's been on my radar for a while now but I haven't picked up any of her books. Does this book read well on it's own? Or would you recommend that I start with book 1?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tin,
      You should be fine. The only book I would suggest reading both books, would be when or if another character gets a book. However, you will be fine jumping into this story with no problem, because it is fine as a stand alone. The story focuses on Harry and Roger.

      Delete