background

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Once Upon a Tower by Eloisa James

All right, I have finally finished Once Upon a Tower by Eloisa James. Yes, it took me about a month to finish the story. Don't get me wrong it's a good story, but I had a hard time getting into the book. 

When I first started the story, I actually liked Edie. It could be the fact that you really didn't really see her true character. Through the first part of the book, we saw a sweet docile Edie. Once she marries Gowan, I thought she was a bit selfish and she kind of hid something from him. Granted Gowan kind of blew up when he found out and took it a rather bad. He might have said some really mean things to Edie. Gowan tends to be a bit to serious and uptight. A lot might have to do with he acquired the Dukedom at a young age. However, they both have to overcome some nasty habits and learn to communicate better. Funny how communication can solve a lot of problems.

Actually, one of my favorite character was a secondary character, Layla. Layla was like a mother to Edie. Plus, Layla actually was a bit crass, but she lighten the mood at times.

Well, it is well written story. Even though I had a hard time getting into the story, I did love how Eloisa James tied everything up and I actually liked the relationship Edie and Gowan had in the end. I love how Gowan and Edie realize they were both in the wrong. Granted Once Upon a Tower isn't top favorite story, it still has the happy sweet ending I craved.

Rating:
1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment