background

Monday, July 22, 2013

Miss Goldsleigh's Secret by Amylynn Bright

Last week, I started Miss Goldsleigh's Secret by Amylynn Bright. At first I had a hard time getting into the story. I mean there are some really cute parts and I think the villain could have been a bit more dastardly. However, the story was an all right read once I started to get into the story.

Hero: Henry Cavendish, Marquess of Dalton, happens to be a really decent guy. I mean who takes in a girl and her brother from the street and provides them a safe haven. Not many people. You get the feeling that Henry is very honorable and good. He's definitely not a rake like his friend the Duke of Morewether (now he's a character I would really like to read a story about).

Heroine: Olivia Goldsleigh is a character people might not like. She's a bit stubborn and thinks she can do it all with no ones help. However, Olivia does try to come up with plans to get herself out situations which causes more issues.

Other characters: We have Henry's gaggle of women at his home (his aunt, mother, and four sisters). Seriously that is a lot of women living under one roof, poor guy. Then you have Olivia cousin, Reginald Goldsleigh, as I said could have been a bit more dastardly. I think if his villainy was a little more prominent would have made the story more interesting instead having him kind of poof into the story.

Overall, I liked the story. Yes, Olivia's "I can do it on my own" attitude did get on my nerves some of the time. Plus, I really liked the ending. Actually I thought that was really funny, and probably not likely to happen. Hey, it's a story. So, if you are looking for something to read with a gaggle of women and an honorable hero, you might want to checkout Miss Goldsleigh's Secret.

Copy provided by the author

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment