background

Monday, July 29, 2013

eARC: Play Me by Diane Alberts

Yesterday, I got the opportunity to read Play Me by Diane Alberts. Which happens to be Ms. Alberts third story in Take a Chance books. I must say that I enjoyed the this quick read.

Kiersten Worth is a single mom to her nephew. She had be hurt badly by her ex-fiancee and has decided that it wasn't worth finding love again. The ex really did a number on her. Garrett Kelly has always had a thing for his best friends little sister and would do anything be in her life. Even if it calls for him to be the pal.

All right, Kiersten drove me nuts. She's the type of heroine that says, "I need you" one minute then tries to push the hero away. Granted she was hurt by her despicable ex and in a way damage goods. So, she drags along her emotional baggage.  Then you have  Garrett who basically sticks it out and try to help her understand that not all guys are jerks. Seriously love Garrett and I love how he sticks by Kiersten's side no matter how hard she pushes him away. There was a couple of times where I thought he was going to throw in the towel, and I wouldn't blame him if he had.

Overall, I enjoyed the story and truly rooting for them to work things out. I do love a stubborn hero, who doesn't know when to quick. So, if you are looking for a quit read with a hero who won't give up, you might enjoy Play Me.

Copy provided by publisher

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment